In 2013, over 32 kg of confectionery was consumed per capita and this is steadily increasing. Progressive cavity pumps are used worldwide by the confectionery industry to convey products such as cocoa, chocolate products, caramels, fondants, jellies, and hard candy: all these sweets have to be produced with extra care and in a very hygienic environment.
Pump solutions are particularly suitable for confectionery applications due to their many design advantages:
- Gentle, low pulsation pumping of shear-sensitive, sticky and viscous media
- High metering accuracy independent of viscosity variation
- Ability to handle soft solids without damage
- Compliance with FDA and EHEDG guidelines
- USA 3-A sanitary standard certification
- CIP and SIP designs
- Double jacket design for constant temperature during operation, e.g. for chocolate
- Open hopper design for very high viscosity products
Typical products and ingredients handled include:
- Jelly sweets
- Flavors and colors
Hygienic pumps in the confectionery industry, for accurate metering, and gentle product handling.